Sunday, October 4, 2009

No Bad Cats



There are no bad cats only people with high expectations. Shamus is the most recent furry addition to our family. He joined us in the summer of 2007. My first kitty, Samantha joined me in 1980. In all these years I have had many cats, probably a dozen, and they have all been feral cats that came inside. My brother has had many cats too. Between the two of us we never had a cat bother a Christmas tree until we met Shamey. All I can say is that I was so happy that after hubby put the tree up back in 2007 I was busy and didn't start putting the decorations on right away. I have a lot of snow baby ornaments which are ceramic. I think I would have had a heart attack if Shamus knocked down the tree while they were on it. So that year the ornaments stayed packed and we tied ribbons all over the tree. Shamey climbed into that tree every day, he would climb up and down till he found a comfortable spot to lay down on. He really liked climbing around in it. I expected that it would fall over but it never did. Still baffles me. The tree was a pre-lit one and he chewed on some of the wires and now it's a partially lit tree. We thought he might have matured and tried the tree the next Christmas but he still liked getting into it. As I get older going up and down all the stairs with the decorations is a big job so these days we don't even bother to see if he's still interested. I have a lovely tiny little tabletop tree that's made up of pink ornaments which I love and Shamey ignores it so in the end we're all winners.

A couple weeks ago I won the sketch challenge on Shirley's 2 Girls with my Woof, Woof, Woof card. For my prize I got to pick the stamp of my choice and I choose the "Bad or Good Cat" stamp. When I saw that stamp I immediately thought of my furry little boy and had to have it. I didn't know that the Shirley's girls were going to have a cat theme for this month so how lucky for me that I had it in time for this challenge and how perfect is this sketch for showing off a picture of my kitty next to the S2G stamp. I pulled out my kitty scrapbook and was happy to see that I could fit the picture and the stamped image on the cat head shaped paper. I pulled out this My Mind's Eye paper and went to work. I stamped the cat in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it in with my copics. The edges of the papers are sponged with Versamagic Sea Breeze. I wrapped the twine around the crossbar. I think it would also look cute with miniature lightsd strung around it but mine are stored at work with my miniature tree and I wasn't going out shopping. I settled for the twine as requested for the challenge. There's a teeny weeny kitty cat charm hanging off the twine. You can try clicking on the picture to enlarge it if you want to get a better look at it.
I hope you enjoyed reading about Shamus, he is one cutey pie, a very large cutey pie. He's so cute I could never call him bad.
Thanks for visiting, please come back again.

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Love your cat-shaped card! And thanks so much for playing with us for Twisted Thursday.

    PS. Over the years, we had many cat fiascos with our Christmas tree too! And what it the attraction with chewing the light cords... One year the cord was chewed completely apart... we were lucky we didn't have a fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cat head paper - really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card. Reminds me of one of our kitties that loved to do the same until he got way too huge to fit on the branches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of your cat in the tree. I don't have any but my sister has 3! Lots of funny stories. Love your card so unique! Thanks for playing with us over at shirley's2girls Twisted Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how adorable! love both your card and your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, I am speechless!! The shape of your card is amazing!! Love the photo of your curious kitty in the Christmas tree, perfect photo for this funny kitty image. How fun that you not only played with us but you went with the cat theme. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cat shape? How fun and you definitely picked a great image as your prize. It looks fabulous. Thanks for the inspiration and for playing along.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin