Monday, October 19, 2009

I {Heart} Paper - Day 1


I do love paper. I really, really do. I never tire of looking at paper. The only thing that stops me from buying every piece of paper that crosses my path is the fact that I have to save some money to pay my bills. The utilities are funny like that.

Well Kate loves paper too and her love for paper grew into an Internet store called I {Heart} Paper. This week marks its first birthday and that means time to party. All week long they'll be challenges. There are points for entering the challenges and doing simple things like signing up to receive e-mails. At the end of the week prizes will be awarded for the various challenges and whoever earned the most points for the week will be the guest designer for November. AND the most exciting thing about that is I was asked to be a guest designer for one of the days. I hope you check my posts everyday but if you stop by whenever the mood hits you then mark your calendar for Friday, October 23 cause that's my day.
This is my entry for today's challenge to make a birthday card using the store's colors - certainly celery, bashful blue, regal rose and black. The stamp, Birthday Cupcake, is from Inkadinkado (lordy, how I love that name) It's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with copics and then I used Stickles for the sprinkles and toppings and brushed the edges of the card stock with Ranger Shabby Shutters. I cut it out with an oval nestibilitie and mounted it on black card stock that was cut out with the scalloped oval nestibilitie. The slots were punched with a SU punch. The designer paper is from the Basic Grey "Porcelain" collection which is also available from I {Heart} Paper. The border punch is Martha Stewart's Embossed Zig Zag. The card stock is Certainly Celery from Stampin' Up. added dots on the scallops with a white gel pen and faux stitching with a SU regal rose marker.
I gotta run cause I want to rack up some more points. To do that I just have to post this card of Splitcoast Stampers and/or Paper Planet. Who knows maybe I'll rack up enough points to be the nest month's Guest Designer.
Thanks for visiting, I hope you'll come back again. Please click the pink ribbon before you go.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for helping! This is an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a yummy card! The cupcakes look absolutely delicious! Love the paper, coloring & stickles too!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin