Thursday, September 10, 2009

Coffe? Tea?


Thursdays the MFT team post 2 new challenges on the MFT Forum on Splitcoast Stampers. This card is for the sketch challenge MFTSC98. So in two weeks they will be posting the 100th challenge and in honor of that they have challenged us to make something with each of the sketches. They just added a prize to make it more fun for us. Well I've been making them for yuks and jollies, cause, hey, I am easily amused and this amuses me. If I work my butt off and do nothing but make things with the MFT sketches for the next two weeks I won't be able to do it, but I'm gonna keep plugging away at it.

The Basic Grey week 3 challenge is an inspiration challenge. You just take your inspiration from this photo. When I saw this photo I was beyond inspired, I wanted to move right in there. It's an inviting room. A room in which I would like to have a cup of tea while I sit and relax. I tried to recreate the feel of the room by using the Basic Grey Phoebe paper collection. I paper pieced the background and dress and colored the rest with copics. The table leg is embossed with black powder and there are turquoise stickle dots on the edge of the cup. The paper edges are brushed with Close To My Heart Ocean. The large circle was matted with card stock cut with the nestibilitie's Blossom die and I put stickles dots all around the edge of it. The sentiment is stamped on white card stock that was also brushed with Ocean. It was punched out with a Stampin' Up circle punch and mounted on cs punched out with a scalloped circle that also
has the stickles on it. I punched a piece of the card stock with a Martha Stewart border punch for the side of the stamped piece and mounted it on dimensionals. I stamped the cup in CTMH Ocean, colored it with a copic, covered the dots with crystal glaze and hung it with a tagger from the ribbon. Then I added three dew drops.
Thanks for taking the time to visit with me, let me know you stopped in by leaving a comment.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous! Definitely love the colors & the paper - so pretty. Your card is definitely reminiscent of the room. I'll meet you there for tea sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Card! The colors and the papers are just perfect. Thanks for playing at Basic Grey Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin