Sunday, September 13, 2009

Razzleberry is Yummy

I've been trying to do the 100 My Favorite things sketches so I've been looking for other challenges to combine with them. I found a color challenge that I absolutely love. This week's Color Dare #33 is to use Pale Plum, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and Very Vanilla.
I had planned on using the new MFT "Coffee? Tea?" stamp set. I have the Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry DSP and the Paper Cottage Wall DSP and they work great for paper piecing the image. I used copics to color the parts that weren't pieced. For the cup I used SU Pale Plum ink with clear embossing powder and colored the remainder of it with copics. I sponged the edges with SU Pale Plum. It was punched out with an SU circle punch and the mat was punched with an SU scalloped circle punch.the edge of the DSP was punched with a Martha Stewart Floral Lace border punch. The dots around the edges were made with a white gel pen.
This is a short and sweet post because it's very late and I have work in the AM so thanks for looking and don't forget to click on the pink ribbon.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice - the colors are great! Love the ribbons on the side & the border punch - very pretty. Makes me think of cozying up with a book & a blanket while having a nice cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great creativity with this card! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the colors. I love the border punched edge and your coloring and paper piecing are fantastic! Great card! Thanks for playing along at the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome!! Thanks so much for playing in the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin