Friday, March 23, 2012

CD Case for Coop

For this week's My Favorite Things sketch challenge I've made a CD Case. 
A few years ago I took my "nephew" to see "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee".  It was the first time he saw a play on Broadway.  He was about 10 years  old but that show  had an amazing impact on his life.  He has been working at becoming a professional entertainer ever since.  For a young teenager his dedication is amazing.  One of the things I like best about him is that he never lets anybody's criticism bother him.  He's been part of a  local cable TV show for kids by kids.  I'm expecting that if anyone can make to Broadway, it's him.

here's the inside, space on one side for the CD and a card
for a note on the other
When we saw the show we each got the cast recording but at some point he lost his copy so I'm sending a copy.   He'll be thrilled to have it again and he'll be playing it over and over , so his mom may want to kill me, but it won't be the first or last time for that.

Here's the deets:
stamp - My Favorite Things "Who's That Music Girl"
ink - Memento "Tuxedo Black"; Ranger "Worn Lipstick
paper - Stampin' Up "DSP Patterns Pack - Neutral Collection" and black cs; Bazzill "Ruby Slipper" cs; Basic Gray "Sugar Rush" dp
miscellaneous - copics; My Favorite Things die-namics "Layered Labels" and "Musical Notes"; mini brads; ribbon; SU corner punch; sewing machine

Here's the challenges:
My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club MFTWSC64 - sketch
Charisma #11 - Pocket Card
4 Crafty Chicks #82 - Inspired By Music
Cute Card Thursday  #209- Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll come back again.

10 comments:

  1. This is fabulous and I love the way your experience with your nephew lead you to make this craft. I truly love how you talk about him. He sounds like an amazing person. Thanks so much for sharing your musical experience with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pocket card, love the fab image and papers too!
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome project! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for being music inspired with us this week. What a fabulous project to fit the challenge! Love it!

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Guest Designer @ 4CCC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing our Music Challenge at 4 CC great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super Pocket card!! Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week hope to see you next week too
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous pocket card - love the colours.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fab pocket card. Love the colours and the image. Thanks for joining our challenge at Charisma.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card with a great story behind it. Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chris, do you have or would you care to share the details of this CD case ? The measurements,
    how to and so forth. I am searching for one for
    a CD for my class reunion and loved this. My email is n.jorgensen@insightbb.com. Thanks for the help if you have the time

    Donna Jorgensen

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin