Friday, March 9, 2012

Mint Magic

I just love that little teapot charm and the pearl in the
center of the rolled rose
Here's the rolled royal rose again.  They look amazing, even my teenage daughter likes them and wants to make some.  I have no idea what she wants to do with them but that's doesn't matter.  Any creative interest needs to be nurtured.   For me, it doesn't matter if you stay in the lines or color flesh appropriately.  After the masterpiece in mixed media (mascara and lipstick) was created on my off white living room furniture I had a little sit down with my darling daughter and talked about how beautiful her work was but that the furniture was not where it belonged.  At that point I made up my rule that walls and furniture were off limits and she could have as much paper as she wanted.  Too bad I didn't mention that my make-up and bed linens were also off limits, but I digress...oh and now that she's grown she's put a mural on her headboard and is painting on her walls.  They say what you resist persists.  I gotta agree.

It's Friday and the weekend is here.  Stampin' for the Weekend has a great challenge for you this week.  Our team member Mummylade is asking you to use this photo of a fabulously shabby chic room for your inspiration.  I don't know about you but I would love to live there.  Of course to do that I would have to get rid of my family and pets.

My card was inspired by the color scheme and the tea cups and tea pots on the table.  I pulled out a House Mouse stamp which got me thinking about a cabin we used to own.  it was in the woods in the Poconos.  It was a very quaint little place that an occasional mouse liked to visit.  From personal experience I can tell you they are much cuter on your cards than in your teapots. 

don't forget the inside
Here's the deets:
stamp - House Mouse "We're Mint Tea To Be Together"
ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
paper - Stampin' Up "Kraft" cs; Bazzill "Frosted Teal" cs; the Paper Cut  (from MFT) "Pink Lemonade" cs; Stampin' Up "Pink Pirouette" dsp (for flowers and flourish); Melissa Frances "5th Avenue" dp
miscellaneous - copics; My Favorite Things die-namics "Fancy Flourish" , "Scalloped Ribbon" and "Royal Rose"; Pearls; ribbon; silver cord; teapot charm; sewing machine

Here's the challenges:
Stampin' For the Weekend #5 - photo inspiration
Crafty Creations #160 - Stripes
Simon Says - Mother's Day/Special Girl
Crop Stop #62 - Rainbow of Color (pink, blue, green, brown)
Creative Card Crew #5 Humor
Cutie Pie #13 - Pearls and Swirls

Thanks for stopping by, your visits mean the world to me.  I hope you'll come back again and I hope you'll find the time to play along in the Stampin' for the Weekend challenge.

8 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous, I love the adorable image and the papers are gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so sweet & pretty! i too love that flower with the pretty pearl & sweet charm!! my dd likes to draw on everything too only with markers! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card with beautiful details! Love that rose! Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Card, wonderful colors! And the image you used is super adorable!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Card Crew Challenge!

    Hugs from Austria, Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation and beautiful colours Chris!! Thank you for sharing with us Cutie Pies!!
    Hugs
    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a great card. Beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty Creations Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card. Gotta love those mice! Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Card Crew. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, beautiful card Chris, love the image and colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin