Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pile It On - For or From the Guys

I don't know about you but I kind of like horror flicks and scarey stuff.  Walking my dog in the dark is a little scarey because there's some nasty critters that live around here BUTwhat really, really, REALLY scares me is the phrase "make a card for a man".   There's another crafting phrase that makes my blood run cold - "make a clean and simple card or project".  It seems like CAS should be easier to do but not for me.  I like piling on the layers, using two, three or even four patterned papers and dressing it up with embellishments and bling.  Putting a big pretty bow and a charm on top is icing the cake.  So for this week's Pile It On challenge to make a masculine card I decided to make it a real challenge for me by adding the Clean and simple element.   Works out since most men aren't all that carzy about the pretty stuff like flowers and ribbons.   Of course for a man's card you need a manly image, and that's what this week's sponsor, Dude Time Doodles is all about. 


don't forget the inside
Join the design team by making a masculine card and you'll be in the running for a $10 gift certificate to the Dude Time Doodles store.  All you have to do is link it up on the Pile It On challenge blog and enter it into at least one other challenge.  There's the usual no back linking rule but otherwise that's pretty much it.

Here's the deets:
stamp - Dude Time Doodles "Ernie Carpenter"
ink - hp printer
paper - My Mind's Eye "This and That - Charming"; Stampin' Up "Wild Wasabi"
miscellaneous - copics; My Favorite Things "Chevron Stripes" die-namics; button; burlap twine; saw charm

Here's the challenges:
Pile It On #13 - For/From a Man
One Stop Crafts #175 - Clean and Simple
Sweet Stampin' - Anything Goes
Craft Your Days Away #41 - Just for Men/Boys plus a Button
Simon Says - Let's Play Bingo (Charms, Punches/Dies, ribbon/twine)
Totally Papercrafts #109 - Humour
Cute Card Thursday #209 - Anything Goes
Paper Playtime #70 - for the Guys and Include a Sentiment
L'il Red Wagon #125 - Clean and Simple
Creative Belli - Clean and Simple
Cards for Men #6 - Cheekie Chappies
Just Keep on Creating #1 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll come back again and I hope you find the time to play along with us at the Pile It On challenge to make a card or project "For/from the men".

16 comments:

  1. It's so funny how we end up dreading making certain types of cards, and it differs so much from crafter to crafter lol!
    Love this card, the image is fab, coloured beautifully, and I adore your lay out too hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think both of your cards are really fun, the both have strong impact, but have simple compositions!
    Very nice!

    Thanks for joining the Creative Belli Challenge
    ~Markey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the layout and the image, marvelous, thanks for joining our Boys/men + buttons challenge at CYDA, good luck, Gaynor DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris I really love this layout! Simple, but really cool, especially with the little saw charm! I've posted a link to your blog on the Dude Time Doodles Facebook page - be sure to check it out!!

    Cleota
    DTD Dudette & Sponsor Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. I know what you mean about scary cards. I cannot do pink and girly!! Brings me out in hives ;)

    Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A smashing card Chris, perfect for our theme this week.
    Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts and good luck
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha good lead in! Great card! Glad you could join us at sweet stampin this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CAS and just perfect for a male! I love the Dude Time Doodle images and love your card!
    GREAT!
    Thanks for joining us at Belli Challenges.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card, love the CAS design! Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card. Thanks for joining us at One stop Craft.
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love your post and can so totally relate to it, I really have to bite the bullet and start creating men's cards but it is really scary for me.

    You have done a fantastic job with this card, I love the main image and the papers that you have used. You really don't have to be scared anymore about making men's cards, this is just perfect.

    Thanks so much for joining in on my first Anything goes challenge at Just keep on creating.I hope you will continue to share more of your beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A perfect card for our challenge !
    Cute image with paper which is perfect for the theme. Love your charm :)
    Thanks for joining Craft Your Day's Away and good luck.

    Hugs Berit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great guy card. That saw charm is awesome! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card. I love the charm and the background layers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic card sweetie. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Day's Away and good luck.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha ha, Chris... no worries about the posts going onto the previous challenge - it's easy done.
    This is a great CAS card for a guy and I love the little saw charm.
    Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin