Monday, March 5, 2012

One Year

It's hard to believe that this time last year the buddies were moaning over having to wait for Baby Girl (Crystal) to pop her baby. 
Isabella is just gorgeous and she was worth the wait.  I am so lucky that Bella travels so I've been able to meet her twice.  She is just a doll, and both times she was a perfect lady, as if we'd expect anything.
This March MFT Guest Designer contest is "Hit the Books".  One of my favorite things to do is cover notebooks and I probably would have made one if I hadn't discovered an acrylic scrapbook in my closet.

Well it seems to me that this is the perfect chance to combine a challenge with a present for Bella and her family.  So that's what my entry is.  I didn't start this till Sunday afternoon and I worried that I might not be able to do it in time for the deadline but I got so involved I worked till the wee hours of the morning and then went finished it off and took pics this morning. 


The sweet  Pure Innocence stamps are perfect for this project.  I pulled out a few, grabbed some festive birthday papers and my die-namics.  

Crystal and her mom are both avid scrappers so I know they'll be able to fill the blank spaces and of course they can add more embellishments if they'd like.


The book is set up to follow a birthday party.  The first pages can have pics of the guests or decorations, and of course the princess.   Then the cupcakes and sweets can be for a photo of Bella blowing out the candles (or sticking her hand in the cake). 

The dress on this PI was colored with copics and a Souffle pen was used for the polka dots.



After the cake, it's time for presents. 

The paper flower was made using the "Royal Rose" die-namic.  I love this die, finally I'm able to roll a flower that looks good to me.  I've been playing with this today so if you come back on Wednesday I'll be posting a card using that die again.



Looks like the party's over but there's room for another photo here.  I kept this page simple and flat because this books are often left sitting on that cover and from my experience the embellishments on the backs of my albums have gotten pretty beat up.

There are only a few ribbons on the rings, just enough to dress it up.  Another "from experience" thing.  If you put lots of ribbons on the rings, it looks really nice when it's closed and it's going to stay closed.  There has to be some room for the pages to move and tons of ribbons will stop it.  AND grandma Edna is the ribbon queen.  She's sure to add some of her favorites.

Here's the deets:
stamps:  My Favorite Things "Birthday Princess", "Ber Bling", "Hello Cupcake", "I Want Candy", "Don't Open Until" and "My Balloon"
ink - Memento "Tuxedo Black" and Versa Magic "Spring Pansy"
paper - Stampin' Up "Orchid Opulence" cs; Bazzill "Intense Kiwi" and "Frosted Teal"; Doodlebug "Cake and Ice Cream" dp; Cosmo Cricket "DeLovely" dp
Miscellaneous - copics, ribbon, twine; charm; pearls; brads; Spellbinders "Ribbon Tags Trio"; MFT die-namics "Royal Rose", "Oval Dainty Doily", Banner Day", "Scalloped Scallop"; "Sweet Stack", "Jumbo Rick Rack","Scalloped Ribbon Border", "Jumbo Scallop", "Ticket Tab", "Open Scallop Edge"; sewing machine

Here's the challenges:
My Favorite Things - March Guest DT
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz  #122 - Punches and Dies
Crafty Ann #60- Anything But a Card
Fairy Tale #36 - Paper Piecing
Frosted Designs - Numbers
Ribbon Carousel RCC42 - Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks #79 - Anything But a Card

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll come back again.










16 comments:

  1. That´s so very colourfull and lovely! What a wonderfull scrapbook! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how gorgeous! I would love to have something similar for my girls :)
    Thank you for playing along with Frosted Designs: Fabulous Friday challenge!
    Best wishes,
    Liva ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AMAZING Chris! LOVE this gorgeous acrylic book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is soooo cute. I love those MFT stamps:) Thanks so much for joining us over at the Frssted Designs Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable - love it. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see more from you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super project and a lovely present. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's for this challenge.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ein tolles farbenfrohes Werk. Klasse.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei Fairy tale Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. brilliant creation and thanks for joining Crafty Catz this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just super awesome thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a colourful project, thanks for sharing it with the 4 Crafty Chicks this week.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Guest Designer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great gift - they will be delighted with it! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Chris
    A gorgeous book fabulous colour's thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. just amazing and filled with so many fab details! love the happy colors & papers- you created such sweet PI's and used so many fun dies- it's all just wonderful! what an awesome gift!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely book, gorgeous bright colours, thanks for joining us at craft your passion, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Watching your colorful book makes me happy! It's a wonderful present! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge!

    Hugs
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin