Saturday, March 10, 2012

I {Heart} Shoes

I really do love shoes.  Unfortunately shoes do not love me.  My feet look like Fred Flintstone's feet, in fact when I was pregnant I used to sing a little ditty about my feet using the Flintstone vitamin jingle for the tune.  It went like this "I have Flinstone feet, they are wide and growing...".  During my pregnancy I couldn't fit a shoe on my feet, I wore flip flops even with my prettiest dresses.  In my youth I could ignore the pain and squoosh my foot into a pretty shoe but more often than not my foot would eventually burst through the side of the shoe and that was the end of that.  Nowadays I just wistfully look at all those pretty heels and put on my Easy Spirits double wides and pray they'll be wide enough.  At least with stamps the size and width doesn't matter.



don't forget the inside

Here's the deets:
stamp - Paper Pretties "Sassy Shoes"
ink - Memento "Tuxedo Black"
paper - Recollections gray card base;  the Paper Cut (MFT) "Banana Split" cs; Recollections light gray cs; Stampin' Up dark gray cs;  October Afternoon "Modern Homemaker"
miscellaneous - copics; Q and Co. pearls; MFT die-namics "Perfect Bracket" sewing machine

Here's the challenges:
Unscripted Sketches #149 - Sketch
Playdate Cafe PDCC122 - Charcoal, Ash and Butter
Simon Says - Mother's Day/Special Girl
Craft Your Days Away #40 - Mother's Day
Dream Valley #27 - Mother's Day

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your comments and appreciate the time and effort it takes. 

6 comments:

  1. I really like the way you cut out the vintage ad page for your card and envelope flap. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous. Beautiful. Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the flip-flops!!! Comfort first, fashion....rarely ever :) Anyway, great card! I love how you finished the inside as well. The colors look awesome together. Thanks for sharing your humerous post and great card with us at Unscripted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love that shaped on your card, what a great use of that Unscripted sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shape on the card and the lovely zingy colour of your shoe.

    I am another who suffers with her feet. I had to wear those ortho flip flops for a long time until they fell to pieces. I hope the issue doesn't return as you don't appear to be able to get them any more.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Dream Valley.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the shape of this and great color! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin