Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Get Cooking!

Here's the recipe for Cooking It Up with Katie's latest challenge:
1.)  Embossing
2.)  Stitching
3.)  Punching

The last time embossing was part of a recipe I forgot about it till after I had the whole card put together, soooo this time I made sure I made an embossed layer before things got put together.   Sadly it doesn't show very well in the photo but the beige banner type cross piece is embossed with dots.

I cheated a little.  Instead of using a punch I used a die to make the flowers.  I am loving these flowers, they are made with the new Royal Rose die-namic from My Favorite Things.  I can't stop raving about it.  If you scroll through my blog you'll see that I don't use a lot of flowers but now that I have this die I'll be using them more often.

This week is also the prize week at Mojo Monday so I had to make a card for that challenge.  It's not I need to win a prize, not that a prize wouldn't be appreciated, but it's for bragging rights, kwim.   Who doesn't want that honor?

Here's the deets:
stamp - My Favorite Things "Clearly Sentimental About Children" (at least I think that's the name)
ink - Close To My Heart "Desert Sand" and Ranger "Scattered Straw"
paper - Stampin' Up "Soft Sky", "River Rock" and "Wild Wasabi"  cs; Melissa Frances "5th Avenue" dp
miscellaneous - pearls; manilla tag;silk ribbon; embossing folder; My Favorite Things "Royal Rose" die-namics; sewing machine

Here's the challenges"
Cooking It Up With Katie #91 - Embossing, Stitching and Punching
Mojo Monday #231 - sketch
Shabby Tea Room #104 -  photo and use Aqua, Pink, Green plus a tag
Kaboodle Doodle #109- Think Spring, Let's See Some Flowers
Dream Valley #27 - Mother's Day
Paper Play week 9 - Something old (paper and tag) Something New (Royal Rose die)
Craft Your Days Away #40 - Mother's Day
CES Challenges - Flower Frenzy
Fussy and Fancy #57 - More Than Words

Thanks for visiting, reading your comments makes my day enjoyable.  I hope you'll stop by again. 
Don't forget, you've got two weeks to join us at the Cooking It Up with Katie challenge to use embossing, punching and stitching.  I look forward to seeing your creations.

15 comments:

  1. Ohhh this is GORGEOUS!!! WOW! Love the details on This!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely. I noticed the embossing right away, looks great. Your flowers are very pretty also. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card in yellow! Love using all those techniques too if my resources would allow me. {sigh}
    Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ Spring Flowers Challenge!

    Kath
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz at http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely stunning, in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. really stunning
    thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy this week
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Your flowers are gorgeous!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous creation, just love those flowers!

    Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful love the flowers and the ribbon
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. just stunning- love the colors & those flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card I love your flowers and ribbon.

    Thanks for joining us this fortnight in our Mothers Day challenge at Craft your Days Away.

    Hugs Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty. The multi-colored flowers are just beautiful. Thank you for sharing this with us in the Tea Room this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is gorgeous and you can see the dots very well...Thanks for sharing it with us at Dream Valley.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully bright and cheerful with lovely embellishments! Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely vintage card. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin