Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cooking It Up

Every other week I make a card for the Cooking It Up with Katie challenge.  I've been doing this for awhile so you'd think I have it down to a science, but no, I'm almost always the last one to get my card off to Katie. Luckily for me she's a sweetie and she never complains. 
This week the recipe for challenge #59 is to "use ribbons, tags and bows. Pretty easy, huh?  I thought so and I went on my merry little way, printed out this fun digi primitive bird house image from Robyn's Fetish (this week's sponsor) and got to work.  I love this dp from Cosmo Cricket, I think the little birdies are a perfect compliment for the birdhouse.
So what went wrong?  I forgot to write down the recipe, you'd think I could remember those three things (I thought I could).  I had my picture edited and ready to post it to Katie when I looked up the challenge # and noticed I was missing a tag!  Dang.  Well, luckily for me I could just tie a tag to my bow which is what I did, the problem, by then it was too dark to take a decent photograph.  

don't forget the inside
 Such an exciting story...  do you need some more inspiration, do you want to see the challenge rules, find out about the prize or are looking for the linky thingy you can click here.

Here's the deets:
stamp - digi image from Robyn's Fetish
ink - hp printer for image; Ranger "Tea Dye", "Antique Linen" and "Vintage Photo"
paper - Georgia Pacific white cs; Stampin' Up "Baja Breeze" cs for card base; the Paper Co "Tan Parchment" for mats and card interior; Cosmo Cricket "Togetherness" dp
miscellaneous - copics; nestibilities curved rectangles; brads, charm; ribbon, tag; sewing machine; Kaiser Craft natural lace; burlap twine

Here's the challenges:
Cooking It Up with Katie - ribbon, bows and tags
CES #33 - Spring Colors/images
Fussy N Fancy - Springtime
Partytime Tuesday PTT#3 - Anything Goes
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll come back again.  Now go get inky and make a card for the Cooking It Up With Katie challenge #59 use a ribbon, bow and tag.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Chris! I love that dp and your beautiful bow! It's been such a pleasure working with you!
    Big hugs, Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the birdhouse & the flowers too! The bow is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautifuly funky card! I love the colours and layout!! Thanks for sharing it with us at CES XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris beautiful love the DP and image, gorgeous bow and layout too, thanks for popping to my blog and for your lovely comment.
    Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card I just adore the bird paper. Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Party Time Tuesdays Challenge.

    Danie - PTT Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy! Hope to see you again next time! Lisa :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin