Monday, April 4, 2011

My Ribbon Flower

Nina Dee, she''s one of the Sweeties at Cupcake Inspirations is hosting a new challenge.  She's decided she wants her challenge to be all about ribbon and her first challenge is "Ribbon Flowers".  Luckily for me she has a tutorial on how to make these fabulous twisted ribbon flowers.  I love these and was shocked at how easy they are to make.  So for all the details about the challenge and how to make the flowers hop on over to Designs by Nina Dee..
This worked out very well for me, I needed to make a card for the April My Favorite Things Guest Designer challenge which is "Shabby Chic".  This wasn't the card I originally had in mind but when I made those flowers they didn't go with my original idea so I let my imagination go for a couple minutes and switched gears.

don't forget the inside
 Here's the deets:
stamp - My Favorite Things "Flower Silhouettes"
ink - Memento "Rich Cocoa"; Ranger "Tea Dye", "Scattered Straw", "Antique Linen" and "Frayed Burlap"
paper - K & Co "Life's Journey"; the card base is from a set of blank cards I picked up in a craft store; green cs scraps for leaves; Georgia Pacific white cs for sentiment
miscellaneous - Kaisercraft Pearl flourishes; nesties Label 14; ribbon;
Creative Memories scalloped corner punch

Here's the challenges:
Designs by Nina Dee I {Heart} Ribbon #1 - Ribbon flowers
Paper Sundaes #63 - Spring Blossoms
Allsorts week 97 - Blooming Blossoms
2 Sisters #33 - Get Well/thinking of You
CCEE 1113 - Buttons, buckles, bows or brads NOT!
DYSU #13 - clear, light pink and mauve
My Favorite Things - April Guest Designer
PIO #14 - Romantic and Fancy
Crazy #61 - Just Add flowers

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll come back again.

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely adroable Chris and those flowers are lovely.

    Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation and joining in my Bloomin’ Blossoms theme at Allsorts this week

    B x

    There's a Stampalot voucher up for grabs here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just totally rove your flowers- you are so clever!

    Hugz, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh lol, that should be love- sorry about the typo xox Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, This is gorgeous! I love the way you shabbied up those ribbon flowers! Thanks for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really lovely! Thanks for joining in the fun at DYSU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flower are so cool - must have a try

    kitten DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness!! this is stunningly gorgeous! your flowers are so phenomenal & you have totally inspired me to create a card like this! fabulous work!! thanks for playing along with us at Pile It On! this week & please join us again soon! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a pretty and elegant card Chris and those flowers are totally cute
    thanks for playing along with us at the DYSU challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  10. this just blows me away- those rolled flowers are to die for! super gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, very romantic and elegant card. The flowers are beautifully constructed and combined. I love it. Thank you for participating in The Crazy Challenge this week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an elegant card! I absolutely love the flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Chris! Such an impressive card, love the huge flowers! Thanks so much for sharing your project with us at DYSU this week! Janna

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful, love your ribbon flowers! I'm in awe!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember trying those flowers too and I was suprised at how simple they were...but yours look must beeter than mine ever did! Great job on this! Thanks for adding it to our challenge at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin