Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hop, Hop, Hop

click the photo to enlarge, you'll see the box is paper pieced
Just like the Easter Bunny the Pretties (the Paper Pretties design team) are hopping.  You know what that means, it's a birthday!  Yippee!  Cake for everybody.  I picked up a lambie cake (it is so dang cute, I hate to cut into it) for tonight's desert and I'm going to pretend it's Cindy's and Domi's birthday cake.  If you're in the neighborhood stop by for a slice and cuppa. 

Happy Birthday Cindy and Domi! 

I hope each of you have a wonderful day.  I hope it's not so bad to have to share your special day with all the Easter festivities. 

In case you're not familiar with our birthday blog hops they always start at the Paper Pretties challenge bog. where you'll find a list of all the participants in the order of the hop, so if you get lost or there's a snag somewhere along the line pop back to Paper Pretties and you can click on the next name on the list and get hopping again.  Your next stop on the hop will be Frances (Stamp Owl).  I know there's going to be something wonderful there.

don't forget the inside

For my card I used the "Sock Monkey" which was just released.  I had to have this stamp and when I found some paper that had very colorful sock monkey on it I scooped it right up. Most of the monkeys are partially obscured, in person you'd see one full one where my watermark appears.  I stamped the image a second time onto the orange dp, cut it out and colored the ribbon with an orange copic.  Next I used an exacto knife on the sides of the monkey paws so that I could slip the box under the paws.  Then I cut the image out and popped it up with dimensionals. After that it's pretty much cutting, pasting and sewing. 

Here's the deets:
stamp - Paper Pretties "Sock Monkey"
ink - Memento "Rich Cocoa"; Stampin' Up "Yo Yo Yellow"
paper - Recollections "Monkeying Around"; Stampin' Up dsp patterns stack "Subtles" and orange cs from an "in color" pack (sorry I never marked the package)
miscellaneous - copics; Pebbles Sun Yellow Candy Dots; Blue brads; Nestibilities Lacey Circle dies; Stampin' Up corner punch; the Cat's Pajamas Cut Ups "Easy Rosette"; sewing machine

Here's the challenges:
Polka Doddles week 16 - Three Patterned Papers
Crafty Catz #79 - Children's card
Delightful Challenge - Paper Piecing or Paper Piercing (the gift box is pieced, I'm sorry it's very tiny)
Cute Card #161 - No Text
Partytime -PTT #12 - sketch
CCEE 1116 - Pleated Ribbon or Pleated Paper
Tuesday Throwdown #45 - Polka dots
Stamp with Fun #107 - Birthday
Cupcake Craft #138 - Lots of Layers

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you'll come back again.  Now it's time to continue on the hop,  The next stop is Frances, the very talented Stamp Owl.

22 comments:

  1. LOVE this image by Victoria Case! I have it at my house too - need to pull it out and use it. ADORABLE card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I have cake too!! Love the colors you used only cause I have a hard time using orange so when someone uses it, I'm impressed! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could this sock monkey get any cuter? Love him!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work, I love all the layers. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card really made me smile, it's so cute and fun, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sock monkey. Brings back memories. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A most unusual image and a really lovely card :-) Beth. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chris
    A fabulous card fab image,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz on this week's challenge,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! very cute image!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Happy Crafting, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card, Chris! That image is very fun! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz!

    Hugs,

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles with your lovely work!

    Greetings, Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so adorable. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card! Thanks for joining our Party this week and I hope to see your cards again soon!

    Patchi
    PTT-DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the sock monkey - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card Chris, such fun!
    Hope you're having a great week :)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  17. really cute .. thanks for playing along with Party Time Tuesdays .. hope to see you again... hugs Bev PTT DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card, glad you could join us at Polkadoodles this week. Good Luck! Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really lovely project.
    Thanks for joining in with Polka Doodles 3 patterned papers challenge and good luck!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin