Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Horsing Around

"Horsing Around" is the name of this stamp and what this stamped image was doing with me.  I'll explain but first let's take note, it's Wednesday and that means it's time for Paper Pretties Challenge.  This week the challenge is a sketch.  YEAH!!!  Our very talented DT member Frances Bryne (you may know her as Stamp Owl) has given us another wonderful sketch to use.  Isn't it a breeze to make your card when you've got a good sketch for starters. 
So as I was saying earlier, this fella was horsing around on me.  A couple weeks ago I was going to be out of town for about 10 days so I was getting prepared by getting my post done early and having things ready for when I got home.  One of the things I had done was stamped and colored this image, figuring I'd use it for the masculine card challenge.  Before we left I packed up my scrapbox and put this inside it.  When I got home I should have been able to pull some papers and put it together but I couldn't find it.  I spent a good amount of time looking for it but eventually figured it would be smarter to just make another card.  So when it turned up a couple days ago I decided to use it before I lose it again.  Does your stuff disappear on you too? 



Here's the sketch.  Good one, isn't it?  All you have to do is pick a stamp and some papers and you're good to go.  Of course you need to go to the Paper Pretties blog when you're finished so you can link it up and enter the challenge.  Before you start you can visit the blog to see what the rest of the design team has done, that's a great source of inspiration and of course you can find out all the challenge details there.

Here's the deets:
ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
paper - Stampin' Up green and beige cs (they were in colors, maybe wild wasabi and river rock); Cosmo Cricket "Earth Love" dp pad
 
don't forget the inside

miscellaneous - copics; SU corduroy buttons; Making Memories antique copper brads; olive burlap twine; EK Success scallopey scallop border punch; sewing machine; horse charm; Spellbinder's deckled rectangle nestie


Here's the challenges:
Paper Pretties PWC148 - sketch
Going Grey - Pick Three (button, charm, flower)
2 Sisters #33 - Get Well/Thinking of You
CR84FN22 - Kraft, Green, Brown
If the Shoe Fits FF#3 -Sew Crazy 

Thanks for visiting, I hope you'll come back again. 

Now go get inky, make a card or project for the Paper Pretties challenge PWC148 using the sketch.  Don't forget to link it up so we can see it.

11 comments:

  1. This made me smile!! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the little horse bellie! Terrific job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I love this. That is a great image and you did a great job with it.
    Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that horse, Fabulous job Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job - I love the horse - so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The paper is really neat, and I love the horsey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Love the cute horse! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!! Great take on the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling card, Chris! Love the sweet horse.. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. of course. those things hide from you on purpose!! :) good job!!! glad your mojo has returned. could you send some my way??


    jenni

    ReplyDelete
  10. another adorable card! my stuff goes on walk-about all the time, glad your image turned up! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin