Thursday, April 21, 2011

Really a Challenge

I start most of my days browsing through the challenges.  Most of the time they are things that aren't particularly difficult and I just pick out one that sounds like fun and make my card.  But every now and then I find a challenge that really is challenging to me.  One that makes me do something new, something out of comfort zone.  This week's Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge #24 was just that kind of challenge.  They are asking us to make a Surprise Pop Up Card.  Well I've never made one of these before but they linked up to Beate John's Splitcoast Tutorial for making them and after watching Beate's video I was game to give it a try.  Boy am I glad I did.  This wasn't very difficult to do and it is really neat.  It got a thumbs up from my teenage daughter and her boyfriend and that's not easy to do. 
when you pull the tag!

here's the inside
Here's the deets:
stamp - Crafty Secrets "Sweet Stuff"
ink - Memento "Tuxedo Black" 
paper - Stampin' Up "Orchid Opulance" and "Pale Plum" cs; Georgia Pacific white cs; Basic Grey "Kioshi" dp pad
miscellaneous - copics; Webster's little Whimsies (flower); My Favorite Thing die-namics "Faux Crochet Border" and "flower"; ZVA crystals; eyelet; mini brad; ribbon; Scallopy scallop EZ border punch


Here's the challenges:
Tuesday Morning Sketches #90 - Surprise Pop Up
TTT challenge - Show Us What You Got
Nadia #4 - Vintage
DYSU #16 - Use a Flower 
C.R.A.F.T. #99 - Flowers
Truly Scrumptious #55 - Vintage
Top Tip #30 - Open challenge
Really Reasonable Ribbon #22 - Violets, Lilacs and Plums oh my!
Lady Bug #24 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll come back again. 

16 comments:

  1. What a lovely card, thanks for join us at Nadia's challenge

    Hugs Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Very sweet image. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab card,im on the gdt for april over at c.r.a.f.t challenges, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card - the colors are great & love the pop-up - I'm going to have this technique a try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love when there are moving parts... Thanks for playing with us at Ladybug Crafts Ink challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card. Thanks for joining in the LCI Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really thought this was a cool challenge too! You did an amazing job with it, adorable image and lovely combo of patterned papers. Thanks for playing along at TMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Chris! I really don't believe this kind of card is 'easy' so I guess I will have to watch Beate's video. And, you are brave - showing your card to teenagers!! Usually a waste of time...lol. Love these BasicGrey papers, don't you?! I’m glad you joined us for the DYSU EASTER HOP challenge & hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card, thanks for joining Nadia's challenge
    hugs linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Love the image. Thanks for sharing with us at Nadia`s challenge blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great project , thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a wonderful job with your card and really love what you wrote in your blog - you just summed up everything my blog sets out to do. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card! You've made me want to try this pop up surprise! Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Shelly's Images.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you made a lovely card thanks for joining Nadia's challenge blog
    greetings cristel

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's great fun - may have to have a go at one TFS

    kitten DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant card - must watch this tutorial. Thanks for joining in our Easter Blog Hop xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin