Thursday, July 23, 2009

Digital Girl




Right now I wish the Digital Girl could help me figure out what's going on with my inability to upload this card onto Splitcoast Stampers. I hate when this happens. Usually if I reboot I can get it to work but that isn't helping today.
We're having a boring day. Sitting around waiting for repairmen and furniture deliveries, putting up ceiling fans, setting up garage door openers. How thrilling can it get? It's not the most exciting but it's not the office either so it is true that a boring day of doing nothing is better than a great day at work.
MFT is approaching its 100th sketch challenge. Julie posted this thread where she has challenged us to submit a sketch for each of the challenges. In the thread there's a link for a master file of all the old sketches that's in a printable file so you can have them all on hand to work with. It's a pretty heafty challenge but I'm willing to try.

I used MFTSC8 for this card and combined it with the current MFTMFC9 challenge to finish your card inside and out. I used the MFT stamp set "Digital Girl". I stamped it on white card stock with Memento black ink. I paper pieced the dress with KI Memories My Guy Disco Fever and used the coordinating KI Memories My Guy Funky Stripe for the wall. For the desk I used a piece from the Basic Gray Granola pad. I drew the floor in with a black fine marker and then colored it with prismacolor pencils. I also colored in the shoes, chair, monitor and keyboard. Since the inside was going to be finished I was able to use a dark brown cs for the card base and the bases for all the individual papers. I used the same papers that I pieced the image with for the card elements. I attached a Close to My Heart ribbon to a CTMH clip and attached it to the image. The sentiment was stamped in Stampin' Up Bordering Blue and punched with an SU oval punch, then the edge was inked with the bordering blue and popped up on dimensionals . The blue Half Pearls are from Basic Gray. For the inside I used a strip of the striped paper at the bottom and a piece of white cs with the edge punched with a Martha Stewart border punch. And that's it, a card finished inside and out.

6 comments:

  1. Oh darling, thanks for using a old MFT sketch!! Hugs Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card! Hope you can upload soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! One of favorite stamps and the I love the colors and papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is wonderful ... that is a sketch I still need to do ... thanks for playing with the old MFT Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's fabulous! Love the retro paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card - love the color's and the 70's paper!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin