Friday, July 10, 2009

A Night Out

Last night I went out with my friend Phyllis for dinner and a show. We went for dinner at Martini's in Milburn and then to see "The Full Monty" at the Papermill Playhouse. The Playhouse put out an offer for dinner and a show that we couldn't resist. This was my first time dining at Martini's. The food looked beautiful and tasted great too, my steak practically melted in my mouth. They had a list of around 50 martinis from which to chose. It'd be fun to try to sample them all, no, not in one night. The show was funny and cute. I saw the movie many years ago but the actors had such thich accents it was difficult to understand much of the dialogue. In the play the setting was switched to Buffalo, NY so I was able to understand what they were saying. The show opened with a male stripper and that kid was good. I don't think he had an ounce of fat on him and he could dance. Elaine Stritch was the piano player and had some of the funniest lines in the play and her timing was impeccable.
If you're from the area go see a play at the Papermill, the theatre needs our support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin