Friday, July 3, 2009

Got Candy?


Yesterday I took off from work and took a ride with Pam to a not so Local Scrapbooking Store. I found a stamp with an image of candy apples that I wanted to ink up right away. Don't they look like Mrs. Prindible apples. Thank goodness I don't like sweets (can you hear me cackling).
I found a website called Inspirational Card Sketches. I used the sketch challenge ICSketches#23 for this card. The stamps are Candy Apples by Impression Obsession, the candy corn if from the Winter Holiday set by Autumn Leaves and the sentiment is from A Muse. The apples and corn are stamped in Memento black and the sentiment is stamped in SU Close to Cocoa. I used Stickles for all the decorations on the apples and candy corn as well as Taylor's Tiny Twinkles on the apple with the candy corn.
The white dots were made with a SU white gel pen and the orange dots were made with a Souffle marker.
The sentiment is popped up on dimensionals, it was punched out with an SU oval punch and the cs was punched out with the SU scalloped oval punch. The candy corn on the lower right were also popped up with dimensionals. The background paper is Anchor's Away by Sassafras.
Some of the details on the card are hard to see, like the Tiny Twinkles on the apple with the corn but if you click on the picture you will enlarge it.

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! Great job, yo. :) Are you coming to CHA??? I'd really like to meet you. {pouty face}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, welcome to the blogging world! It's fun, you will enjoy it. Great card and I love the one you made Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world Chris. I love that stamp, not to mention Kim's card too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE those candy apples! They are looking good enough to eat!!!

    PS: I'm loving your blog!!! Great job, lady! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG... what a delicious card. I love it chris!

    ur NJ neighbor,

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin