Monday, July 20, 2009

Orange You Glad



Orange is my favorite color. Many years ago Rosemary, Janey and I went to a house party out on the Island (that's Long Island) thrown by Ro's then current beau and his housemates. Well, Janey had her share of hospbitality when this really cute guy in an orange tee shirt came in and she said to him "Orange is my favorite color" and ever since then that is a line that has gone down in infamy.

I actually like orange and even had an orange convertible beetle and boy was that a fun car to ride around in, but that's another story.

So the Pile It on Challenge is to use Orange and to use at least one more challenge. So you can see that I've used orange cardstock and orange dew drops, and one of the girlies has orange boots and the writing on the tag is orange, I tried an orange pin but it got lost in the orange ribbon. The other challenges are the My Favorite Thing sketch challenge MFTSC90 and the Our Creative Corner challenge to use three embellishments. I found a pad of adorable paper by K & Company called Daydreams. This DP is covered with umbrellas but they seem to have been covered up by the squares that the heads are stamped on. I adhered the orange cardstock to the umbrella paper, then I stamped the image from My Favorite Things "Rainy Day Friends " onto it. I also stamped it on three pieces of white card stock. The faces are colored with Prismacolor pencils and the edges of those squares are inked with Close to My Heart desert sand. Then they were mounted on dimensionals. Then I added the ribbon and the tag and that's that.
Orange you glad I didn't say...ah, what can I say, I'm easily amused.

9 comments:

  1. OMG Chris, she is adorable!!!!! oh so sweet... off to check out that image on their site... enabler....

    Thanks for Playing with us!

    -- dalis

    Pile it On! Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi chris, i came over here to find your email address, but couldn't, so i'm leaving this in a comment. ---about the tcp blog surf...it's fixed now. we skipped to ana's blog, so if you want to continue it and try to win the stamps, just head back to mine and then hop along from there! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooooo cute! the little girlies are adorable! great imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!

    Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

    Vicki
    ~owner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! Love that image! Thanks for playing along with us at Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is seriously the cutest thing ever. Love how you framed her faces!! Thanks for joining us this week :D
    - Ann @ Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card. Thanks for playing along with PIO this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo love it! I love the frames-really original. Thanks for joining us at Pile it On-Rowena dt member

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin