Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's Time to Howl


It's Tuesday, so there's another sketch challenge up on the Midnight Madness site. Ah, I love that name and the site is pretty wild and wonderful too. I'm blown away by the artwork you find there. If you'd like to participate in the challenge or just view some truly amazing cards you can visit the site by clicking on the Midnight Madness badge in the left sidebar. You can't miss it, it's the one with the howling wolf or you can just click here to get there.
I made this card for sketch challenge MMSC10. I used Leigh Hannan's Birdcages by Impression Obsession. It's stamped in versa mark with black embossing powder. The birds were colored with an Stampin' Up marker and I sponged Stampin' Up Barely Banana on all the white surfaces. I was pretty liberal with the sponging and in real life it looks subtle but visible. I took several pictures of the card, in different locations and from a variety of angles and no matter where I took it the yellow just doesn't show but it is around the cages and the edges of the papers. The paper is from the Making Memories Black and White pack. The border punch is by Fiskars. The buttons and ribbons I've had forever and probably got them at the craft store. I made two more cards and on one I put flowers under the buttons on the top left side. The flower look okay but I like this one better.

8 comments:

  1. This card is wonderful! I really like the black and white and those buttons and the color contrast really worked for this card! Fabulous job!!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at the MMDT this week.

    Carolyn, MMDT member
    http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is awesome..I love your image and you have a great style about your card making. .. You are so funny with your title and comments...I think the logo is of a cat..not a wolf .. the cat is on it's Midnight prowl... just like me when the kids are sleeping LOL
    The way you did the comments are PERFECT...thank you for taking the extra step for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!! Love your polka dots and colors with your fab birds and cages!! Great job with the sketch!! Thanks for playing with the MMDT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever title, Chris, got me to giggle :) This card is classic B&W cute! Thanks for sharing your talent with us this week at MMSC10, xox ~Jeni MMDT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the monochromatic feel of your card! Very nice!!! Thank you for playing with us this week! I can't wait to see what you create next week!

    Sue
    MMDT Member
    http://mcmahonfive.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the sketch challenge. The black and white is so classic. Love the extra layers as well as the bird cage image. Lovely effect all together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a classy card! Thanks for playing along this week. :)

    ~Michelle MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin