Tuesday, July 21, 2009

To Beach or Not to Beach



We've been in Florida since Saturday. We left New Jersey on Friday night and met up with rain for a good protion of the ride and it's been raining off and on since we've been here. Last I heard this area was in drought condition so maybe this is the end of that.
Earlier today hubby and I went to the pool and when we came back he and the Lidster went to the beach. My skin is pretty fair and I burn easily while they both have complexions that tan. They can sit in the sun much longer than I can so I decided having been in the sun at the pool I should stay home and make a beach card while they play in the sea and surf. I guess this downpour has put an end to that fun. Would you believe I just got a call from them, I figured I was going to hear how awful it was but it's beautiful at the beach. Hey, that's Florida for ya, pouring in one town, gloriously sunny in the next.
I picked up this stamp back at Scrapper's Cove in NJ. I love all the little images on it, so many coloring oppurtunities. I brought only a few stamps with me, and this is the only one mounted on wood. I have to carry my supplies back on a plane and this stuff gets heavy fast but this stamp needed to come along.
Over on I Heart to Stamp this week's The Cat's Pajama Tuesday Challenge is an inspiration challenge. Design team member Leigh picked two waverly fabrics for inspiration. One is covered with flip flops and the other is striped. I have some beautiful paper that's perfect for this cahllenge. It's from Paper Adventures, Carolyn Holt Designs, Island Lagoon Flip Flops. The bottom edge was punched with Stamping Up scalloped eyelet border punch. I paired it up with some left over striped paper from Imaginisce, For Peep's Sake, Color Me Happy. I don't have a Cat's Pajama stamp here so I am using my beach stamp, it's allowed to use another company's stamps but it is preferred to use the challenge company's product. Makes sense. The beach stamp doesn't have a name on it but it's made by Outlines Rubber Stamp Co. I stamped it with Memento black and colored it in with Prismacolor pencils. I used Close To My Heart photo turns and brads to hold it down, and CTMH ribbon and button for embellishments. I tied the button to the ribbon with Stampin' Up twine. After it was mounted I used stickles to highlight it. A little bit of sparkle makes it so pretty.
This card is also perfect for this week's CCEE stamper's challenge to create something summery. I just love it when I can combine more than one challenge. So many challenges, so little time.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Chris! Nice beachy card. I'll forward it along for the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card - love the sparkle. The striped paper & the flip-flop paper go great together! I really like to go to the beach & this is my favorite time of year! I went down the jersey shore last Sunday & had a really nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh! I just love this! What fun images and colors you put together! Its awesome!

    Thanks for joining our weekly challenge and sharing your awesome card!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin