Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Rock and Howl

It's Tuesday and another howling good sketch challenge is up on the Midnight Madness site. Do you see the badge over on the left. Well, last week the lovely and extremely talented Priscilla (go take a look at her site and you'll see what I mean, go ahead, I'll wait right here for you) left me a note to tell me that it's a cat not a wolf, and she should know cause she desinged it (see what I mean about talented) now I gotta tell you that while I clearly see the cat when I look at it but in my mind it instantly morphs into a wolf's image, so maybe I am little mad, but what's wrong with that.
So here's the story on the card. I'm on vacation and away from my craft room so I don't have everything I would have liked to use on this card. The image is from the "Rock Star" set by Inkadinkado (I love that name, eh, what do you expect from someone who's easily amused). I stamped it in Stampin
Up Close to Cocoa ink, if I had all my supplies I would have embossed it and maybe I'll make another one and do just that. The image is stamped on K & Co. Daydreams double sided desinger paper. I used the grid print side for stamping the image and the guitar side for my background paper. After I stamped the image I crumbled the paper and distressed the edges by running a scissor down the edge then tearing and poking it a little here and there to give it that grungy rock look. I also stamped a star in the Close to Cocoa and the skull border in Memento black. I cut out the star, mounted it on a dimensional and then coated it with glossy accents. To hang the guitar I poked a couple holes in the corners and tied some Stampin' Up twine thru it. I put some dimensionals on the back and then hung it over the star. Lastly, I cut out the skulls and mounted them on dimensionals and decided that they needed a little bling so I gave them red Taylor's Tiny Twinkles for eye sockets. If you click on the picture it'll enlarge the image so that you can see the tiny twinkles, they don't show up very well until you enlarge it.

8 comments:

  1. Your card totally rocks! Every time I see this guitar, I wish I had it. :) I love the grunge effect and the skulls too!

    Michelle MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool card! I love the rock star guitar! Your distressing technique definitely works! I have this paper & you are giving me ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't this the absolute perfect card for a teenager? I love this image too and you did such a fabulous job with it and the sketch this week. Too funny about the cat and wolf story. The morphing mad cat! lol

    Thank you so much for playing with us at the MMSC this week.

    Carolyn,MMDT member
    http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a rockin card!! Love your distressing and all the fab details. Awesome image and perfect for any teenager. Thanks for playing with the MMSC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You Rock!!! This is such an awesome card....guitars, skulls and string....great take on the sketch. Any teenager would be happy with this one.
    Thanks for playing along with us
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    MMDT Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are rocking it with this card! Great job and I love how you tilted the sketch! Thanks for joining us again!

    Sue
    MMDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Chris, this card is Rockin! That DP is just too fabulous :) I've not seen DP like that. And it is a great teenager card, those brads are totally fit the bill. Thank you for participating this week's MMSC , see you at the next one, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Chris your entry this week is just so too cool..it ROCKS lol. I love the hardcorness of it LOL. It all works perfectly. Great job on the sketch btw the tweak works well!!! Thank you so much for playing our sketch challenge. I for one look forward to the viewing the entries each week. I get so much inspiration and ideas our players. Please think of some friends that you know that do not play our challenges, because we are going to have a "Refer a Friend" challenge coming soon with extra prizes ;) we are always trying to keep it fresh at the Midnight Madness challenge blog.
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin