Thursday, July 30, 2009

Eastern Blooms

I was able to make another card tonight. I'm so glad because I will be going to the CKC Convention at Valley Forge, PA for the weekend. It'll be a paper crafting and shopping extravaganza. I probably won't be posting anything else till I'm back home. I'll be going with my good buddies Edna, Eileen and Maddy. Whenever I travel with this group we laugh so hard we cry and our stomach aches. We are notorious for getting lost but we have some very funny stories that go with being lost. This trip Eileen should be bringing Ramona, that's what we call her GPS. Would it surprise you to read that we've been lost even when we've had Ramona with us. Well, you gotta turn it on, duh! Hopefully while we're out there we'll hook up with our friend and SU demonstrator Cyndy and our friend Pam. We've all been looking forward to this trip and can't wait to pile in the car.
Ok, you'll hear more about CKC when we return. Now onto the card.
This one is for the Pink Elephant Challenge #25, it's a sketch challenge. I used the Stampin' Up set Eastern Blooms, this set was a gift from Edna. Lucky me, to have friends who give the best presents. The sentiment is also and SU stamp but it was a party favor from Cyndy so I don't know what set it's from. The image and sentiment were stamped in Versamark and embossed in black. The paper is Foofala Autumn Leaves and the embellishment is Robin's Nest silver bells Dew Drops. Since I used black card stock for the card I finished the inside by placing a small piece of the designer paper inside and piece of white card stock with the bottom edge punched with a Fiskar's punch.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card - those colours are fabulous and the stamp is so effective. Have a great time shopping.
    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours on these gorgeous papers! thanks so much for joining us at TPE, hope your shopping trip was a blast :)

    Hugs
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card!! Love the colors. Thanks for playing with us at TPE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I really like the stamp set - it coordinates so well with the paper. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very elegant! thanks for creating with us at tpe!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin