Sunday, July 12, 2009

Strawberry Friends

For the first Christmas in my own place I decided that I wanted my tree to have only hand made ornaments and they had to be red and white. Somewhere I found a pattern for a fabric strawberry which was very easy to make. My buddy Aguas (she got that name from her high school Spanish teacher cause her maide name is Waters, and well it stuck) thought they would be a great gift. So we got together and made a couple hundred of them. We were giddy by the time we finished and ever since then we've been giving each other Strawberry themed presents. When I got married she threw a strawberry themed shower for me. Did I mention that the year we started this was 1980. As you can imagine we've each got a lot of strawberry items around the house. No matter where I go I see something that reminds me of Aguas, and I always think happy thoughts when I think of her. She moved to the San Francisco area many years ago but we keep in touch and still exchange strawberries all these years later. Nowadays it's a challenge to find something different. Some year, I'm gonna start sending stuff she gave me back to her, see if she notices. Her birthday is coming up next week so I made a set of cards to include with the strawberry pie dish I picked up for her. The strawberry stamp is by Lockhart and is so cute that I had to get it. There are 4 cards in total, two of each of the styles in the picture but I switched the ribbons around so that all four are a little different. I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and used DCWV Nana's Nursery papers. I also used some Martha Stewart punches on some of the edges. I hope she doesn't read this post before before she gets her present. Well Aguas, if you're looking here, happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin