Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wish I Had a Watermelon


A way long time ago they showed the Little Rascals on TV. One of those kiddies wished he had a watermelon and many a hot summer day I wished that too. I remember a day away at camp, (a summer school in archeology where you were basically paying to do the scut work) and it was record breaking hot, everyone was stripped down to bathing suits and shorts and just about dying. The professor secretly sent someone out to buy watermelon. When that melon showed up there were literally shouts of joy and the work came to a halt. You'd have thought we never tasted anything so sweet, we ate with reckless abandon, juices running down our faces AND THEN the seed spitting contest started. Well that was a lot of fun for someone who's easily amused.

Simon's challenge for 7/15/09 is to use summer fruit or summer fruit colors for your project. Of course last weekend I made not one but five cards with a strawberry theme so I wanted a change. I was searching around too see what other fruit stamps I have. You wouldn't believe how long I looked before I saw the Full of Melon House Mouse Designs stamp. It shouldn't have taken any time because the stamp sits right out in the open where I look at it every day AND it's a huge stamp. Oh well...
So the recipe for this card is pretty simple. The image is stamped on Perfect Panel paper in Memento black and colored in with copics. The red check paper is Stampin' Up DSP Bella Rose which I just tore down one side and up one corner and the green paper under it is from the Stampin' UP scrapbooking kit Just Delightful. And then I added a few buttons. Very easy.
If you're interested in participating in Simon's challenge there's a badge on the left sidebar that you can click to get to the challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Your card is so amazing, great work.

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge.

    Hugs
    iris and the DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this card :-) The HM are soo cute and the watermelon is yummy :-) Perfect image for our challenge :-)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)

    Lorraine x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Chris - I love watermelon & it looks absolutely delicious on this card. Love the red check paper and the buttons too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Chris!! I've been too afraid to use my copics with my hm stamps - but you've totally convinced me!! Your card is stunning!! Love your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, what a wonderful image and brilliant job with the colouring.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chris :-) In answer to your question mr Linky wasn't working at the begining of the week so your entry is in the comments section :-) I will be adding all the comments and the cards linked in with mr linky to do the draw ,,, good luck :-)

    Lorraine x x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin