Saturday, July 11, 2009

Midnight Madness

I used to take quilting classes called Midnight Madness and they were nuts (in a good way). They were always on Friday nights, about once a month and they always had a surprise fabric swap involved. The swap pushed me to use fabrics I would never have picked out and to see things I would not have seen on my own. It was an interesting way to grow in that craft.
When I saw this card challenge, called Midnight Madness I couldn't resist looking into it. The current challenge is a sketch challenge. I wanted to use Leigh Hannon's candy apple stamp by Impression Obsession again. I made this card using that image. The apples were colored in copics. Then they got dressed up. On the apple on the left I used stickles for the pink jimmies on its top. The drizzle of pink chocolate on it is covered in glossy accents as are the candy corns. Also the candy corns were stamped a second time, cut out and popped up on dimensionals. On the layer under the corns Taylor's Tiny Twinkles in pink were used. On the top apple the decorations were also covered with glossy accents, as well as the orange chocolate ribbon. The paper is DCWV Glitter stack pack, the card stock is also DCWV. The ribbon is MFT spring ribbon collection and they are held on with orange mini brads.
When I was putting it all together I thought the papers were really busy and at one point during its construction I didn't like it and almost bagged it but I pushed myself to finish it and in the end I like it. I hope you do too.
If you'd like to take a chance at winning a Big Shot die cut machine and a bag to carry it in you should take a look at the Midnight Madness site. I'll you have to do is leave a comment to be entered. You can get to Midnight Madness by clicking "here" or by clicking on the challenge button on the side of the page.

8 comments:

  1. Those apples look good enough to eat! Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and WELCOME :) ... your card is fantastic. This is truly Scrumptious. Thanks for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenges and thanks for the post on the blog candy...remember to post under the sketch post as well :) sometime Mr. Linky mess up :( good luck my dear and hope to see you next week too :)

    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is watering looking at your delicious card. Wow is that awesome. Fabulous job!

    Thank you so much for playing with us at the MMSC this week. Hope you will play again next week.

    Carolyn, MMDT member
    http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...your candy apples are fabulous!
    Love your gorgeous papers and colour theme too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is such a delicious card, awesome job! The background goes so well with the candy apples. Thanks for playing with us this week at MMSC, xox ~Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy...What a great card for the MMSC#9. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talents

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I used the SAME exact two pieces of paper on a birthday CUPCAKE card a few weeks back!!! You gotta go to my blog and look - what a kick!! Of course you now know I LOVE your card.

    Thanks for joining us at Midnight Madness and hope to join us again, (we are all nuts but in a good way!!)

    Jane, MMDT member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy!! What a scrumptious and textural card!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin